26 Aug Quick Chicken Recipe Meal Prep
If you’re trying to prepare nearly all of your meals in advance, variety is critical so that you do not get bored of your diet and actually eat the food you spent all that time preparing. To help guard against “diet fatigue,” I recommend prepping 2 -3 flavours of chicken each week. Here’s how I do it to save time!
Here are the seasonings I used (to taste). I recommend mixing the ingredients together in separate bowls first so you can taste and customise to your liking but GO EASY on the honey:
- Fresh juice from 2 limes, 2 tbsp raw honey, 1 tbsp red pepper sauce (or sriracha), 1 tsp ginger paste, 1 tsp garlic paste, cilantro
- 3 tbsp CARB SMART BBQ sauce, 1 tsp chipotle chili pepper, 1 tbsp paprika, 1 tsp cayenne,
- 3 tbsp Mustard, 1 tbsp coconut sugar, 1 tbsp garlic paste, 1 tsp ginger, 1/2 tsp cumin
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Roll a long pieces of aluminum foil so that it resembles a stick and place that in the baking sheet to create a dividers. Repeat the process for the number of columns you would like.
- Evenly divide your chicken breast pieces and then season them individually.
- Add the seasoned chicken pieces into the baking pan.
- Try as much as possible to spread the chicken out so that it does not cook together. I like to add about 1.5 tsp of coconut oil to the seasoned chicken so that it does not stick together.
- Depending on the amount of chicken in the pan, your baking times will vary. Here I had roughly 3kgs of raw chicken so I cooked it at 200 degrees for 20 minutes. Remember since these are smaller pieces, they will cook faster.
Hope this helps your prep!
All my love,