11 Sep Vixen Intention Board? What’s that?
At the beginning of each month, I urge you to take a few moments to realise what you want to focus on. Maybe you want to focus on patience or self-love. Set as many intentions as you would like! You could set 1 or 5, as long as you’re working towards it every day. This is the perfect way to reset each month and reflect on what you have done and where you want to go. Making monthly intentions, breaks your yearly goals down into smaller, more achievable tasks.
1. Get more comfortable saying “NO”
2. Daily meditation to be more present, learning to breathe
3. Take time to unplug every single day
4. Be more intentional with the time I spend with my loved ones
Setting an intention is the act of stating what you intend to accomplish through your actions.
And where do you start?
There are many ways to begin. I suggest starting with open-ended phrases and questions to guide you through the process of discovery.
Here is an easy process to follow in 5 steps:
1. Start with this exercise that helps you quickly associate intention with action.
Over the next few months, I will:
Let go of…
Take time to…
Release my fear of…
2. Then move on to more thought provoking prompts that will help you uncover your desires.
Reflect on the first half of this year:
What is a valuable lesson you’ve discovered this year?
What was one of the biggest challenges you faced so far this year?
How did you grow this past year?
What was weighing you down at the beginning of this year?
How would you rate your health and wellness?
What fears are holding you back?
What habits are no longer serving you?
Begin to look ahead:
What are you most passionate about?
What ways do you want to improve your health in the last few months of this year?
What areas would you like to grow?
What would routines would you like to incorporate into your daily practice?
What would you do if fear was not holding you back?
3. Refine your intentions. The best way to do this is to:
Review each of your intentions and categorise them into areas like, wellness, career, relationships, habits, etc.
Here are a few things to remember during your journey:
- The goal of this exercise is to shed light into your heart and soul, and clear a path to your dreams.
- The goal is not to create more demands, pressures and stress in your life
- Don’t beat yourself up for any lack of follow-through.
- Find ways to live your life with joy regardless of situational influences.
- Practice gratitude each day and reach for good-feeling thoughts.
- When you experience positive momentum, ride that wave as long as possible.
- When you experience big disappointment or a series of small annoyances, take deep breaths and surrender to the universe.
- Meditate each day; find the silence to not only listen but to repeat your intentions.
- Let go of fear. Every day negative, repetitive thoughts will cloud the vision you have for peace of mind and happiness. Shift your focus quickly and release these thoughts as quickly as possible.
- Find a friend. Someone to discuss your progress with, someone to help encourage your progress.
- Trust the process. Things will unfold as they are meant to.